11.20.2011

December Daily Update

Still waiting on a few last items to put together my foundation pages. I ordered the December Daily kit from Bananafish Studio, and am so excited for it to arrive. I have quite a few pages ready to go, over the past few weeks I chose the papers I plan to use, gathered embellishments, stamped some numbers, etc. Here are a few shots of my project in the planning stages:


Choosing the papers. Definitely inspired by Elise Blaha with lots of patterned papers. I made mine 5x7 so they will be easy to make enlargements. Loved last year's 6x8 size too, especially after looking back at it.


Love the planning stages. So much fun.


Having fun gathering and stamping some numbers. The stamps are from the 7 gypsies Numero stamp set, the little cut out numbers are Teresa Collins, and the big number tags are 7 gypsies Paddington tags.


Remember I said I like storing little embellishments for projects in muffin tins? These are from Goodwill.
99 cents each!


More little items I might use. 


Stamping some tags is always fun. I love the imperfection of them! These are Ali Edwards Good Cheer stamps


Yay! I finally got my Technique Tuesday Studio AE stamp set in the mail, and I ordered the December Daily one with it. More numbers! Be still my heart! I love it!


Love December. Love December Daily. Even have our tree up; not decorated but loving having twinkle lights going on in the house. Really fun story about my daughter seeing the tree for the first time, but that's for another post.


Had to play with the new set! Love it!

How are your preparations coming along? While waiting I put the finishing touches on last year's--it was my first year and I got a late start. I think I started with the album about a week into December but had been using my phone to take photos and make notes of each day. So even if you are on the fence about it, it is still totally do-able. I did about 75% of it last year but had that last 25% unfinished. I just said "enough" and there are a few days missing. I'm still very happy with it, and it helps going into this year knowing that it is okay if I miss a few days. For me it is the whole project, missing days and all that tell the story and help capture bits of what makes December special.

If I don't have another post until after Thanksgiving, I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving! And have fun with your own preparations! Share a link if you would like!


2 comments:

  1. Looks really great. This is my first year doing DD and while I'm excited I hope I can keep up with it. Thanks for posting about your experience last year. It will make the process a little less intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am working on a post to show last year's. I used Ali's templates and overlays which worked great. This year I plan to use use some of her templates too. Let's hope we can both keep up, but if we don't, then remember we can always use "around the house" shots for filler days! :)

    ReplyDelete