8.26.2012

Notes to my girl

Just wanted to share a layout I did a few weeks ago. I think it's been a year ago since I did my last 12x12 layout. With all the Project Life, December Daily, Week in the Life, etc projects I do, I realized my traditional 12x12 albums were feeling a little neglected. I have organized these by theme, so there is never pressure to complete them chronologically; I just add to them when I feel inspired and I figure it will be a nice little collection at some point. 

Not sure why I felt inspired to do this layout. Maybe it's the fact that my daughter is now 2 and a half! Hello time, where are you going? 

I guess I just wanted to capture this moment, how she is right now, and a few inspirational words. I also added a little hidden journaling a the top left in the glassine bag. It was cool how fast this layout came together. I guess when inspiration hits--follow it! 

Here's my layout in 12x12. I call it Notes to my Girl at 2.





And a few detail shots. Love the little cluster of embellishments. Love the yellow washi tape and the cream and yellow yo yo from Amy Tangerine. Love the wood veneer. I just love it all I guess.



More details. I love a little hidden journaling. I also love numbers--here noting her age and also part of the saying "To be the best you can be..."



So there it is! My goal is to do 1 or 2 of these in 12x12 or 8.5 x 11 each month.


Supplies used: Word art froms Ali Edwards at Designer Digitals.  Yellow chevron washi tape from Bella Blvd, a Yo Yo from Amy Tangerine, a journaling spot from Bananafish Studio, heart and arrow wood veneer from Studio Calico, and a kraft M from Ormolu. The mini library card is from Bananafish Studio, a glassine baggie that they came in I think, a silver clip from Target, the Be the Best You Can Be sticker is from My Minds Eye, the word strips are from Cosmo Cricket (out of stock) and the 2 is from the black Ali Thickers set (Studio Calico has mistable ones or Aqua right now). The pink vellum paper is from Dear Lizzy and the white 12 x 12 is white woodgrain found on Studio Calico's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment