7.18.2013

Elle's Studio July Traditional Scrapbooking Layout

Believe it or not, I still do the occasional 12x12 traditional layout. This was made using mostly the July Elle's Studio kit.





For the layout, I used Heidi Swapp Gold Lame Color Shine on Bazzill orange peel white cardstock. I sprayed in a diagonal pattern and called it good. I trimmed cards down to fit the layout, and even stitched a border and the top of a tag onto another one for the journaling. I slipped that card into a vellum envelope that I cut the top off. Yes, you could just stitch vellum onto the page to make a pocket too. I stamped Thank my stars using the Cameron alphabet stamps that I'm just in love with. I used gold Brilliance ink for that too. I brushed some of the Color Shine over the lucky and the stars that I punched out too. I added the doily to help the title be more visible and to cover the journaling better. It's easy to see it's there in person, and someone could just slip the card out to read it all (I wrote on the front and the back--I had a lot to say but just didn't want it all visible.)

The title and theme for the page was actually from a Jimmy Buffett song, "thank my lucky stars" (shout out to all the parrotheads out there!) Was just feeling overwhelmed and that song popped into my head, and I took a moment to relax and just be thankful.



Here's a closer look at the kit:


Every month on the 10th, Elle's Studio launch's a new kit for a special price of $9.99 on launch day (at 12:01am on the 11th it goes up to $11.99). Don't miss it - it's exclusive to Elle's Studio and they have a limited stock on hand, once they sell out they will not be restocking!


You can get yours here!

Thanks for looking! Don't forget to thank your stars too! :)




3 comments:

  1. Maggie is sooooooooooo beautiful. Thanks for sharing sis!! Your layout is also amazing btw (as always). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...This is what i have been looking for and you have done a great job. Beautiful cards.
    Scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOORAY! I'm so excited and can't wait to start using this cool information.. Elles Studio Wholesale Australia

    ReplyDelete